How Can a Water Damage Restoration Company Help Me?
Flood and water damage can become a huge headache, because once you think the nightmare is over, the problems continue appearing, and water comes from the walls, ceiling and flooring.
Without a proper water damage restoration, water can still damage floors to buckle, damage the wall structures and allow mold and bacteria to grow inside your house.
One of the biggest mistakes homeowners make after this type of disaster is not hiring a professional company to dry out every single corner of the house, do a thorough inspection and evaluate the house damage. A golden rule of thumb is contacting a specialist as soon as possible to be in charge of the situation.
While waiting for your water damage restoration experts to arrive, here are the most important steps to follow:
- Shut off the main water valve, call a plumber to fix the plumbing system
- Mop the water to prevent fall hazards
- Stack all your furniture to prevent further damage
- Cut the electricity and unplug all electric appliances.
- If flooding reaches you above the knees, stay away from your house, just shut the main water valve and open all the doors and windows if possible. In dangerous situations it is better to stay away and wait for the professionals to come.
Remember that your house needs to be dry out before you can rebuild it. If appropriate measures are not taken, the problem will only get worse.
If you are looking for a reliable water damage restoration company, you came to the right place! South Bay Mitigation offers some of the best services in San Pedro CA. Call now for a free estimate at (310) 774-2831!